Hello everyone and welcome to my transcriptions exercises and lessons page for guitar and bass.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY BAND-THAT'S ME ON BASS!

I am a pro player and teacher so this stuff is as accurate as you will find anywhere on the net, however the work is limited by time available and the usual software frustrations. If you find an error or omission please let me know as I'm keen that this stuff should be as accurate as possible. There's a lot of bad tab out there, especially the bass transcriptions, so we could all pull together to make this site the one to use. Similarly if you have any accurate transcriptions please let me know and we'll share them. You may freely use this stuff, but remember that it is not available for profit as this would infringe copyright in many cases. Those looking for a workout should start with some left hand ex's, then right hand stuff, then scales and arpeggios. Finally, I insist that all my students make time for some MUSIC. This should include studying the works of others-your peers- such as other guitar pieces, and the truly smart player studies music from whatever source possible. I have applied violin, cello, piano, sax, trumpet and whatever else to guitar and bass. For an example of how this broadens a musicians approach, consider Allan Holdsworth-plays lead like a sax or violin (which he also has studied) and plays chords like a pianist would. Also check out Dick Dale playing guitar as if it were a mandolin or bouzouki! Your practise time should also make room for some improvisation-always more fun with a friend!


A home for some considered, accurate and useful stuff for people who play fretted lumps of wood with wire attached.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Vivaldi "Summer" solo violin part







This delightful little number makes for a frisky workout for the fingers. Best played on the brisk side!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man I cant seem to get your transcription at a usable viewing size. I really wanna take advantage of your hard work.

Unknown said...

Sorry, I think the files got wiped from my hard drive! I'll see if I can find a copy elsewhere, coz this is a belter of a piece. Have you heard Patrick rondats version?